Preparations for November

All, please review draft minutes (attached). David, please put on reflector.
See agenda below.

November presenters, per recommendations approved at York:
1. Remember to request presentation time by sending a note to me by Wed.
this week (those who are late will be given time on a first-come,
first-serve basis following those who met the deadline). Include the
following information:

1a. Title
1b. Topic
1c. Time requested
1d. Presenter name

2. Send presentations to David Law for publication on the Web by Wed. this
week. If you miss this deadline, you will have to bring sufficient hard copy
to the meeting for all attendees (170 copies). If you do not bring the
hard-copy, you do not present.
2a. Presentations should be in PDF form
2b. Use simple backgrounds with no animation (i.e. reduce the size of the
files)

Regarding agenda.
We will have all day Tuesday and Wednesday for the HSSG. Geoff will finish
the opening 802.3 Plenary on Monday p.m.
The copper-heads have requested time to get together separately to
discuss/prepare. I am going to recommend that this happen on Wed. They will
use the room originally designated for the Copper Call for Interest.

In general, we will have everyone together on Tuesday. The PMD track on Wed
in the big room, the copper PMD in a separate room on Wed. Hopefully, we
will have space for the MAC...PCS people to get together on Wed also, but
space might be limited.

jonathan

Jonathan Thatcher  "jonathan@picolight.com"
Chair IEEE 802.3 High Speed Study Group
Vice President Product Marketing, Picolight Incorporated
4665 Nautilus Court South, Suite 3, Boulder CO 80301
Phone: 303-530-3189 X238; Fax: 303-530-4897

990927 HSSG minutes word.rtf