RE: Hari

Hi Rich,

Actually, I have to disagree with your relation of HARI to the TBI.

I believe that the un-specified SERDES interface is a more appropriate
model as it is;

a) Differential
b) High Speed
c) Asynchronous (ie: Clocks are derived rather than sent discretely)

However, the industry might have gained from standardization of that
interface. If you are aware (and I am sure you are) there are now AC
coupled and DC coupled versions of the SERDES interface that just
complicate board designs.

I support the HARI concept, although I believe that we need to work on
it a bit to understand the impact of splitting the 8B10B codes onto
separate channels will have.

As for Roy's concerns about that interface complicating things, I
believe that concern is resolved (or should be) by the fact that HARI
would at most be an optional interface.

Best Regards,

Dan Dove

PS: Have a nice Thanksgiving