Appologies

Richard,

My appology to you in saying that you agree with Al Widmer's points; the
previous note yesterday was from Dan Dove, also of Agilent, who agreed with
Al Widmer.  I do not know whether or not you agree with Al Widmer's points
made this week in reply to Rich Taborek's long note of 11/26.  I would
still appreciate knowing the reasons why you feel the byte vs. word is "a
draw," especially in light of the points in my previous note of this date.

Mark B. Ritter
  Manager, Communication Link Design
  Room 36-107
  IBM T.J. Watson Research Center