Announcing Ad-hoc and reflector for 64b66b

In order to assist those interested in pursuing discussion of 64b/66b
coding, I have authorized the creation of an ad-hoc and reflector. I have
appointed Richard Dugan, Agilent, to lead this discussion. I would encourage
participants to focus on technical content and the furthering of the
proposal. Discussions and decisions regarding acceptance, or not, of the
proposal will be for the work of the HSSG at large. In short, the work of
this ad-hoc is to put together a proposal related to 64b/66b or some
derivative thereof. Anything else is out of order.

To subscribe to it send an e-mail containing the following text in the body
of the message:

subscribe stds-802-3-hssg-64B66B <your email address>

majordomo@majordomo.ieee.org

DO NOT SEND THE SUBSCRIBE MESSAGE TO THE REFLECTOR.

jonathan

p.s. Thanks to David for setting this up.

Jonathan Thatcher
HSSG Chair
509-242-9000 X228; Fax 509-242-9001
jonathan@worldwidepackets.com