Re: PAM-5 at 5 Gbaud

Wenbin Jiang wrote:

> Laser linearity is one concern.  What about its slope efficiency variation
> with the temperature?

Hello Wenbin,

Under "laser linearity" I implicitly included all the laser-related
issues, including the slope efficiency variation.

The present diversity of PAM-5 proposals precludes a look
in depth at this issue: in the last Dallas meeting, if you look
at the spreadsheet, we had 1.25, 2.5 and 5 Gbaud rates and
850 nm and 1300 nm lasers.

If we will reduce this multiplictiy into one and only one
PAM-5 proposal in March, then we will be able to take a
detailed look at the laser-related issues during the next
four months and come to the July 2000 meeting with a good
answer - one way or the other.

Jaime

Jaime E. Kardontchik
Micro Linear