RE: 8b/10b and EMI

Does scrambling give better spectral density than 8b/10b?  I was under the
impression that scrambling has longer run lengths of 1's or 0's compared to
8b/10b.  Does this not make it harder to perform clock and data recovery
with just a single scrambler, hence the reason SONET uses two scramblers?

Just curious,
Brad

Brad Booth
bradley.booth@intel.com <mailto:bbooth@Level1.com>
Intel Network Interface Division, Austin Design Center
(512) 407-2135 office
(512) 589-4438 cellular