RE: 16-bit 625Mbaud XGMII

     Curt, Jaime - But in this discussion, pin count is not the only
consideration. Other important consideration is the length of the wire that
you can drive. Isn't LVDS 16 bit interface is better than half speed single
ended interface?

Can someone refer me to some discussion where we have comparison of
different options done in one place

    for example something like this ..

                                         XAUI             LVDS
singled ended
speed                                3 GHz          625 MHz        312 MHz
pin count                           20+              70+                70+
distance drive ability           20"               ??                  2"
coding scheme requried      yes               no                 no
design complexity
etc...

also did any proposal consider something in between 4 wide and 16 wide, for
example 8 wide differential signaling interface?

Millind Mittal
Level One Communications/An Intel Company
mmittal@level1.com