RE: XGMII repeater

Curt,

From my count, this repeater would have 74 pins in each direction, for a
total of about 148 pins.  With the power and ground requirements, the
repeater device would most likely use a 208 pin package.  Going 10 inches on
a server motherboard would require 4 of these repeater devices plus the real
estate for the 76 PCB traces and the device.

I know I'd have a tough time trying to convince my customers that this is a
better solution than XAUI.  For the same implementation, two XGXS devices
and 16 PCB traces to do the same thing is simpler and lower cost.  I know my
customers like things to be simpler and less expensive.

Cheers,
Brad