Re: Unified PMD vs. Unified PHY

Task Force Reflector" <stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org>
> Subject: Re: Unified PMD vs. Unified PHY
> Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:05:26 -0600
>

> Rich,
>
> ...  (Personally, I also think that Fibre Channel
> is a very good technology.  I just don't want to build a large extended,
> long distance, LAN infrastructure using it.)

> Thank you,
> Roy Bynum

Roy,

If we apply duality to your statement we get:

"Personally, I also think that SONET is a very good technology.  I just
don't want to build a SMALL, SHORT distance, LAN infrastructure using
it."

It appears to me that this dual statement is as reasonable as yours, and
it might be what Rich (Taborek) was saying.

Why spend a sunny Sunday questioning the credentials or experience of
TF members that share his views?

Ariel Hendel
Sun Microsystems