Re: SONET/Ethernet clock tolerance

Roy,

I have discussed about jitter budget over the end-end SONET-framed link.
As I understand, in a chain of SONET(-lite) regenerators, the link jitter
budget should be specified for all the chain elements.  This means each
regenerator should meet very stringent jitter-transfer specifications.
I think this is not the issue of +/-100ppm or +/-4.6ppm.

It would be appreciated if you let me know about jitter-transfer spec.
in "SONET-lite".

Also please let me know if you have any further information about
"SONET-lite".  I have checked the T1.416 Standard Document approved
last December, but I can not find any statement about "+/-100ppm".
It seems to say just "be compliant to T1.105 (=SONET)".

My understanding at present is that there is no "SONET-lite" standard
in ITU-T, T1, IETF, nor OIF.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

Best Regards,
Osamu Ishida