Re: WAN PHY name

[Date: 04/01/2000  From Seto]

Jonathan,

How about 'SONET Framing PHY'?
It seems to me what so-called 'WAN PHY' folks are wanting is SONET framing.

SONET friendly PHY sounds OK, but there is another 'SONET friendly PHY' proposal
that does not use SONET framing, i.e. XGENIE proposal from Osamu Ishida of NTT.
If we use XGENIE, we can achieve most of the things that SONET signaling is
serving for.  It seems to me this, too, is a SONET friendly proposal.

Seto