Re: Interface reality check

Jonathan,

I like the concepts detailed on pages 2, 5 & 6.
Rich likes the concepts detailed on pages 3, 4 & 7.

The difference: I don't like the idea of carrying the
/A/K/R/ oustide the XGXS boundaries.

Either way the vote goes, I like Rich's latest proposal
of the RS treating unknown but valid signals as /I/. This
matches very closely with the way the 1000Base-X PCS
receiver works and I think this goes along with a very
low reading on your "obnox-o-meter".

Rich, do you see our positions differently?

Ben