Re: Interface reality check

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the illustration. Two comments:

1. On page 1 you say that RS needs to transport RF and BL codes. In Gigabit
Ethernet, the RF and Break link
was transported using data + combination during
AN phase. In strict sense they should go via MDC/MDIO (if we go via GMII
equivalence). Do
you mean that RF/BL needs to go via management interface associated with
XGMII or
they need to go in band along with other control codes ?

2. Although you clearly specify XGMII interface between RS and (PCS+PMA+PMD) in
example device B, I want to make sure that it will work if the XGMII was
exposed at
chip level (thus RS and rest were in two separate devices).

Regards,
Tripathi.

Best Regards,

Devendra Tripathi