No Subject

From owner-stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org Tue Feb 29 19:54 GMT 2000
From: "Edward Chang" <edward.chang@NetWorthTech.com>
To: "jmw" <mwincn@cieloinc.com>, <NetWorthTK@aol.com>, <vivek@cicada-semi.com>,
        <stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org>
Subject: RE: PAM-5, what are your BERs ?
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:17:06 -0500
Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org

Mike:

We are discussing the product developments, which are based on proved
theorems and equations to mathematically calculate all designs.  After that,
setting up tests to confirm that the test data, and the analyses are
correlated.  Otherwise, repeat the procedures to achieve the goals.
Finally, it will go through extensive system tests and BER tests to certify
a product.

Engineers do not just "looking at a scope", then make the comment.  They
theorize it, quantify it, then make comments.

Unless, some one has extensive communication product development experience
in the past, it is hard for a one to grasp, and appreciate the contents of
the comments put forward on reflectors by those serious contributors.

The term, S/N ratio, is a very abstract term to those who are not circuit
designers.  However, to the circuit designer, S/N ratio can hurt you as real
as putting your finger on top of a fire.

The cascading of the frequency response of each component to predict the
over-all system frequency response is a well known basic tool implemented by
all circuit  designers.  It is as predictable as, 1+1 = 2.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.
EChang@NetWorthtech.com