Re: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

Jonathan,

Nothing <- Answer to your last question.

On the mapping directly to SONET OAM&P bytes, we need to carefully consider this
issue. I'd rather look at this mapping at a slightly higher level. Mr. Roy Bynum
has already taken an excellent stab at this in a very recent note to this
reflector. I'll include My response to that note under a new thread: OAM&P
mapping.

Did our chair say "JUMBO frames". That's worse than a four-letter word :-)

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com