RE: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

Title: RE: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

Osamu,

Some corrections to your table further below:

SONET, with full OH access, +/-20ppm minimum clock is defined in T1.105.
The T1.416 spec references T1.105 for clock tolerance/synchronization.
Our WAN-compatible PHY OH access is defined in:

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/public/nov99/figueira_2_1199.pdf

and uses the +/-100ppm Ethernet clock tolerance. Per an earlier e-mail, I'd
strongly recommend we stop using the term "SONET-lite". As was once stated in
the OIF, there are as many interpretations of it as there are networking engineers.

...Dave

David W. Martin
Nortel Networks
+1 613 765-2901