Re: What is 802.3ae WAN-PHY?

Roy,

Let's all stick to technical discussion on this reflector. If there is anything
you can't divulge to IEEE P802.3ae for any reason including politics,
non-disclosure, etc. then keep it to yourself. I believe the Task Force is only
interested in open proposals. Patented proposals are OK. However, those patents
must be disclosed to the committee according to the IEEE patent policy.

Yes, I often run into the "politics of technology". Once I identify the
political aspect, I tend to go around it, over it, under it or through it :-)

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Roy Bynum wrote:

> Rich,
>
> One of the advantages, or disadvantages, of working within a large service
> provider is close access to the work going on in the other standards
> organizations.  It sometimes gets a little beyond "bleeding edge",
> particularly when it comes to attempting to integrate all of it within a
> cohesive view of the directions that communications technology is going.
> Some of it is very "threatening" to people that are imbedded in legacy
> technologies.  I often refer to this as the "politics of technology".  I am
> sure that you have run into this yourself.
>
> Regards,
> Roy

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com