Re: Issues in mapping Ethernet signal to SONET

Osamu,

Your list below seems to agree with our proposal. However, I am
having some problem understanding your terminology for J0 and
H1-3. Here is what we propose for J0 and H1-3 (using our
terminology).

Transmitter side:
J0 - Provisioned value.

Receiver side:
J0 - Allows receiver to verify its continued connection to
the intended transmitter.
H1/H2 - single pointer processor required.
H3 - Use defined by the pointer processor. Carries 192 extra
octets in the event of a negative pointer adjustment.

As you indicate below, dark fiber applications would not change
the H1/H2 pointer.

Regards,
Norival

Norival Figueira, Ph.D.