Re: Hari

Roy,

Once again... new thread time...

I thought that you had already understood that XAUI/XGXS were the architectural
interface/sublayer names suggested for the Hari interface, which was named by
Mr. Steve Haddock and derived from the movie: "When Harry met Sally". BTW, the
XGMII was referred to the Sali interface. I'll leave you to ponder the spelling
difference.

I don't understand what you mean when you say that "Since Hari could not get a
75% supporting vote". Could you please explain this? I've attended every 802.3
HSSG and 802.3ae meeting since the March, 1999 Call for Interest and I don't
remember any Hari motions.

My reference to a failed 802.3 HSSG motion was with respect to a short-haul
copper PMD, not to Hari. This motion was made in Montreal at the July, 1999
Plenary meeting:

Motion: Add to the list of objectives:
Support a link distance of at least 10 m on copper cable at ~10 Gb/s.
M: C. Di Minico
S: R. Taborek
Technical (>75%): For: 61 Against: 30 Abstain: 26
FAILS

Please note the high percentage of 'Fors'... Enough to pass most school bond
issues :-)

Please stop confusing me and the IEEE 802.3ae committee in general.

Best Regards,
Rich