Re: XAUI/XGXS Question

Boaz,

Yes. The deskew "marker" spacing needs to be at least 2 times wider than the
maximum skew. 2 x 39 = 78; 78 < 80; 160 is used. I thought that you had
understood this in one of your previous statements:

> If MaxSkew=40 Bits and all /R/ columns are removed, then the
> size of the IPG is 8 characters (=80 bits) which is exactly
> twice the skew. In this case, there is ambiguity.

That only goes to prove that the reflector is far from the best means of
communication :-)

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Boaz Shahar wrote:

> OK, but there, in page 16 you wrote:
> "40 UI deskew pattern neds to be 80 bits". I probably did not understand it
> well. Can you help with that?
> Thx.,
> Boaz

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com