From: jay.hoge@uk.jdsunph.com [mailto:jay.hoge@uk.jdsunph.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 4:52 AM
To: Roy Bynum
Cc: Chris Simoneaux; stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Subject: Survey of lengths of installed optical fiber cable

It seems to me that the links of which you speake are, by nature,
proprietary. If this is the case, interoperability isn't much of an
advantage.

That being the case, I think people will design links which best fit the
idiosyncratic needs of their systems, be they short haul serial or parallel
links, rather than look at 10GBE for a solution.