RE: PMD discussion

Jack:

The C/WWDM use the same technologies as the Gigabit Ethernet technologies.
It is not a new technologies to bear the concerns of risks.  The 8B/10B
Encoder/Decoder, and SERDES at 2.0 Gbps is already in the market for Fibre
Channel products, and to move up the data rate to 3.125 Gbps are just
another revisions of the field proved technologies, but not a new
technologies requiring test data and field tests to prove its feasiobility.

The 850 nm VCSEL at 3.125 Gbps, basically, is the same 850 VCSEL widely used
in networking  industry including, GbE, Fibre Channel, ATM...., which has
been proved by market already.
The 2.5 Gbps 850 VCSEL is already in the market.

Those are reasons that CWDM is low cost, and will be ready for market
introduction soon.

Regards,

Edward S. Chang
NetWorth Technologies, Inc.