	From:  Booth, Bradley [SMTP:bradley.booth@intel.com]
	Sent:  Wednesday, May 31, 2000 4:47 PM
	To:  stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
	Subject:  Nomenclature poll...

	Assuming that we go with 10GBASE- instead of 10kBASE-, which suffix
	structure does everyone prefer:
	1)	<wavelength> <coding scheme> <# of wavelengths>, or
	2)	<wavelength> <# of wavelengths> <coding scheme>

	An example of #1 would be: 10GBASE-SX for 850nm 64b/66b Serial, and
	10GBASE-LW4 for 1310nm SONET compatible WDM.

	An example of #2 would be: 10GBASE-SX for 850nm 64b/66b Serial, and
	10GBASE-L4W for 1310nm SONET compatible WDM.

	As a note, no matter which one we choose, we are still dealing with
a large
	list of port types.

	Thanks,
	Brad