Re: Rate Control & far-end WIS (Re: PMD discussion)

Roy,

I have not been saying XAUI is optical.  My (1) in the previous
note is considering that XAUI is used for connecting a router/MAC
packge and AU package via backboard copper wiring.
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/10G_study/email/msg02588.html

As for (2), my understanding of the left side of Rich's slide #9
is a completed PHY: it has MAC/PCS/PMA/PMD.  It can communicate
with another 4WDM LAN-PHY.
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/ae/public/may00/taborek_3_0500.pdf

Could help me to understand what is your point?

Regards,
Osamu

At 9:50 PM -0500 00.6.4, Roy Bynum wrote:
> Ishida,
>
> It was my understanding that XAUI was to be a copper extension, not an optical PHY.  That was part of a major argument for several
> months.  Is this coming around again?
>
> Thank you,
> Roy Bynum

Osamu ISHIDA