PMD Interface thread 1024 / Re: PMD discussion

Rich and all

Not to put words in Roys emails, but I think his confussion was/is the same as mine.  8B10b over cwdm, for all practical purposes, is
XUAI extended over the optical link.  I am sure there is some cdr there, I would have to go back to the presentations from the CWDM guys,
but in raw form, CWDM is XUAI cdr extended.  I don't agree with it because I think the optical line coding blocks should be the same for
consistancy.  But, like all engineers, I could change my mind later :).

I think further, there is the question of a serial 10gig optical part - I must have been sleeping or something, but there is the issue
that if we want to use 10gig serial optics today for the standard, we will need to use the OIF 16x622 interface until something XUAI like
is ready.  Does this mean we should spec the interface, too?

Sorry if you have to touch some of these issues two or three times .... us farm boys can be a little slow on the uptake :).

Take care
Joel

--
Joel Goergen