RE: Nomenclature poll...

I've been giving more thought to this too.  What I've come up with is the
following:
*	10GBASE-VX - 850nm serial LAN (V for VSR)
*	10GBASE-MX - 1310nm serial LAN (M for Metro)
*	10GBASE-EX - 1550nm serial LAN
*	10GBASE-SX - 850nm WDM LAN
*	10GBASE-LX - 1310nm WDM LAN

The WAN implementations would substitute "W" for the "X".

If the number of PMDs should drop, we could realign the favorite suffixes
accordingly.

Cheers,
Brad