From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org]On Behalf Of Howard Frazier
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2000 4:07 PM
To: burkhart@spawar.navy.mil
Cc: stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
Subject: Re: 1GB ethernet standards

Chris,

See the website:

   http://www.iol.unh.edu/menu/ge.html

The InterOperability Lab at the University of New Hampshire
is widely recognized as an authority on Gigabit Ethernet
conformance testing.

We don't have any formal conformance test specifications within
IEEE for Gigabit Ethernet.  However, each clause of the
802.3z includes a "Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement"
(PICS) which identifies those items which are considered to
be essential for conforming implementations.

PICS tables will also be created for 10 Gigabit Ethernet, and
I have every expectation that a 10 Gigabit Ethernet consortium
will eventually be established under the auspices of the UNH IOL.

Howard Frazier
Cisco Systems, Inc.
(Retired) Chairman, IEEE P802.3z Gigabit Task Force