RE: Optical Simulation: FOCSS

Petar,

I am not implying any recommendation.

It is obvious to me that this model is critical to the development of the
10GbE standard. If there is additional information that can be used to
improve, correct, correlate,  or even replace the model we are using, it is
in our interest to understand this.

802.3 has never been timid about utilizing other technology to improve its
efforts. There is no reason this shouldn't extend to our optical link
modeling tools.

So, is there anything here for us or no?

jonathan