Re: Break Link and Remote Fault

[Date: 07/17/2000  From Seto]

Rich,

I guess I put a wrong button.

What I meant by 'not using IPG' was 'not mandating to send LSS signal once in
some SONET compatible period'.  I have no problem with the idea, but I thought
many other did at the plenary.  As Brad wrote, it is common in Ethernet to send
BL/LF signal during periods you don't anticipate MAC to send packets.  I thought
 many should not have a problem with such a method.

Seto