RE: Break Link and Remote Fault

Rich,

I agree that the supporters of LSS backed it because of the OAM&P
capabilities.  The more vocal opposition in earlier meetings was due to the
LSS OAM&P being optional and an opening for feature creep.  At the meeting
in La Jolla, I heard concerns about both the optional OAM&P capabilities and
the IPG usage.

My concerns are the same as Ben's.  We don't have a counter proposal for
Break Link and Remote Fault.  I understand that there is a strong desire for
these features, but we don't have anything else on the table at this time.

Cheers,
Brad