Re: Optical Connectors

[Date: 07/20/2000  From Seto]

Joel,

Do you think we can totally ban SC for 10GbE if we adopt a SFF connector into the
standard?  If not, I would suggest we first standardize one and only SC and later
add an "optional" SFF connector, let connector guys do their work while we
concentrate on this standard.  In my opinion, two connectors confuse market and
delays adoption.

The below is my perception:
- more than one connectors stds: 100BASE-FX and 1000BASE-CX, ... winners?
- one connector stds: 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-SX, .... clear winners!!

Seto
p.s.  I don't know the meaning of "peeshaw".  Can anyone tell me?