RE: Optical Connectors

Chris,

I am not sure of your comment about LC having a proven track record for
single mode implementations.  At present, WorldCom has not deployed any
LC.  All of the connectors currently specified for SM installations is
SC.  A particular vendor is attempting to get WorldCom to make use of their
connectors.  ( I will not say how successful or not they are. )  Several
system vendors are attempting to make use of LC, but at present, none have
been certified.  Given the form factor that would use XAUI, SFF connectors
would not be a requirement.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum