Re: XAUI, SFF connectors

Rich,

What need does an interface card have for SFF connectors that can only put
one optical port within a 13 inch copper etch radius?  From what you and
others are making us believe, the form factor requirements for 10GbE are so
large that SFF connectors are a non-issue.  If 10GbE interfaces are going
to be so dense that we will need SFF connectors, why did we need XAUI?  I
can't see how you would need both.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum