RE: Equalization and benefits of Parallel Optics.

Paul,

As part of the distance Ad Hoc, I was under the impression that the 300m
objective was for new technology MMF in the building risers.  The Ad Hoc
was told that 100m over "installed" MMF was feasable at a symbol rate of
over 10Gb, equivalent to the proposed 850nm serial PMD.  Were we
mislead?  I don't know.  As a customer participating in this process and
going back to looking at the most likely areas of initial implementation
and the implementation practices, I am the more serious about holding the
people that said that they could do the serial 850nm PMD to their implied
promise.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum