RE: Equalization and benefits of Parallel Optics.

Chris,

In the discussions about what could be achieved and what the various known
applications were, based on the traditional use of Ethernet, the question
was raise about whether MMF could support 10GbE.  There was even the
question of installed fiber and the issue of older "gofer bait" MMF
fiber.  I could be wrong, but my perception is that one of the fiber
company people stated that the older MMF should be able to support 10Gb for
the lateral 100m traditional lengths, and the traditional riser or 300m
could be supported by the newer MMF.  The word "installed" was inserted in
the motion proposal only, it was not agreed on by the people of the Ad Hoc.
At the time that the 300m motion that included the word "installed" was put
before the group, I remember thinking that this was not what was agreed on
by the distance Ad Hoc, and of course it was very quickly corrected.  What
was left ambiguous was that the words "new multi-mode fiber" was trimmed to
be only "multi-mode fiber".  At least that is the way that I remember it.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum