Clause 48 Comments

Section 48.2.4.3 P.135
f) I think it Should be: ...The error code group is converted to XGMII Error
control character

Figure 48-5
Is not coordinated with the machine in Fig. 48-7
In Fig. 48-5, if Cose_sel=1 its either /A/ or /R/.
In the machine in Fig. 48-7, if A_CNT_0, then its /A/, regardless of the
value of Code_Sel (I think that the description in the machine is the
accurate one)
I assume you ment that /K/ is transmitted when code-sel=0. This also should
be fixed.

Figure 48-7 (PCS Transmit state diagram):
I think that there should be no dependency in A_CNT_0 for the first IPG
column. If code_sel=0 Tx /K/, if code-sel=1 transmit /A/
Fix the values of code-sel in th exits from SEND_RANDOM_R and SEND_RANDOM_K
states

Boaz