Re: Welcome to stds-802-3-etholaps

Roy,

What the heck is LAPS? ...and where in 802.3 is this activity taking
place? I don't see this reflector in the offical 802.3 reflectors list
(http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/reflectors.html)

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Roy Bynum wrote:

> For those of the 802.3ae Task Force that want to participate in the liaison
> with the ITU about the Ethernet over LAPS, the reflector has now been set
> up.  It is stds-802-3-etholaps@ieee.org.  I am not sure if all of the
> members of  stds-802-3-hssg were registered on this reflector.  If you did
> not receive the message below To particpate, send a message to
> majordomo@ieee.org, requesting to be added to the reflector.
>
> Thank you,
> Roy Bynum
>
> >Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:12:06 -0400 (EDT)
> >To: rabynum@mindspring.com
> >From: majordomo@ieee.org
> >Subject: Welcome to stds-802-3-etholaps
> >
> >--
> >
> >  Here's the general information for the list you've subscribed to,
> >  in case you don't already have it:
> >
> >[Last updated on: Wed Sep 27  9:09:53 US/Eastern 2000]
> >moving the work of the IEEE P802.3 ITU Ethernet
> >over LAPS liaison Ad Hoc forward.
> >
> >Welcome to the IEEE P802.3 reflector concerning the IEEE P802.3
> >ITU Ethernet over LAPS liaison Ad Hoc. The reflector is provided
> >to the members of IEEE P802.3 for the benefit of moving the work of the
> >Ad Hoc forward.
> >
> >Communications are expected to be respectful, dignified, and germane
> >to the work of the Ad Hoc.
> >
> >The reflector is not a 'free speech' forum. Subscriptions are granted by
> >the Ad Hoc to further its purposes and may be revoked for inappropriate
> >communications. These include, but are not limited to: recruiting,
> >advertising,
> >soliciting, spamming, flaming, whining, and disparaging individuals or
> >companies.
> >
> >The IEEE 802.3 Chair will enforce this policy.
> >
> >In addition the IEEE e-mail acceptable use
> >practice can be found at the URL:-
> >http://eleccomm.ieee.org/email-aup.shtml
> >
> >If you ever need to get in contact with the owner of the list,
> >(if you have trouble unsubscribing, or have questions about the
> >list itself) send email to <stds-802-3-etholaps-owner@majordomo.ieee.org>.

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com