RE: XAUI Chip Package requirements

Kulwant,

I searched the IEEE documents and found no reference to a draft pin out. I
was worried, since Ethernet does not specify such things as pin-outs and I
had thought that there might have been some kind of serious mistake.

My guess is that you confused the IEEE specification with some proposal or
similar work going on in 10 Gigabit Fibre Channel.

jonathan

Jonathan Thatcher, Principal Engineer
Chair, IEEE P802.3ae (10 Gigabit Ethernet)
World Wide Packets
115 North Sullivan Rd
PO Box 950
Veradale WA  99037