RE: XAUI Chip Package requirements

Hi Jonathan and Kulwant,

The specification of a device pinout is not supported in T11 Fibre Channel
standards either.  I suspect that this is more of a de facto standard
issue, such as what occured with the 10-bit interface devices.  We
generated a technical report that documented the signals and their
required operation, but everyone built these in the same 64-pin TQFP
package.  Neither the package, pin count, or pin-order are specified
an any T11 documents.

Regards,

Ed Grivna
Vice Chairman ANSI/NCITS T11