RE: Clause 51 (XSBI) questions : PMA_TXSRC_CLK

Title: RE: Clause 51 (XSBI) questions : PMA_TXSRC_CLK
Henning,

Thank you. Unfortunately I was not present during those discussions last spring.

I suggest that we add this "assumption" to the standard D1.0 on paragraph 51.3.1:

1. Paragraph PMA_TXCLK_SRC<0,1> - line 46
    " The PMA derives the PMA_TX_CLK_SRC<0,1> from the local REFCLK."
This sentence makes the PMA_TX_CLK_SRC<0,1> independent from the link status.

Your inclusion of PMA_RX_CLK within the same issue is also a very good point.

I suggest that we add this "assumption" to the standard D1.0 on paragraph 51.3.1:

2. Paragraph PMA_RX_CLK<0,1> - line 54
   "The PMA derives the PMA_RX_CLK<0,1> from the line rate when the serial data from the PMD is present, or the REFCLK when the serial data from the PMD is absent. The transition from the line source to the REFCLK source and viceversa shall not affect the PMA_RX_CLK<0,1> minimum clock transition period".

This sentences essentially have the purpose to guarantee a "smooth" transition in between sources for the PMA_RX_CLK<0,1>. In layman terms: "No glitches on clock lines at any time, thank you."

If this is the case, the sentence on the same page, line 7, could be deleted ("In the absence of serial data from the PMD, PMA_RX_CLK<0,1. is automatically derived from REFCLK")

Cordially,

Rick Rabinovich