From: Jscquake@aol.com [mailto:Jscquake@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 8:35 PM
To: pat_thaler@agilent.com; tord.haulin@optillion.com
Cc: stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
Subject: Re: Clause 51 (XSBI) LVDS spec

Hello Tord,

Yes, there are many vendors that do not necessarily follow the IEEE specs
and
yes, we need to have the "tolerance" for these parameters.

Pat,
I do not think that we want to limit the restrictions of the LVDS interface
AC coupling. This would be horrendous from a component point of view.

Justin

In a message dated 10/20/00 12:39:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pat_thaler@agilent.com writes:

> Tord,
>
>  If there is a deviation that we want to allow, we will need to specify
>  it. Common mode output voltage tolerance shouldn't be an issue if we
>  agree that the interface is AC coupled. Were there other problems?
>
>  Pat

Justin Chang
Quake Technologies, Inc.
50 Airport Parkway, San Jose, CA. 95110