RE: Requests for password to the protected site.

Jonathan,

The IEEE license for access to the IEEE 802 standards family has two
versions.
One is for only published standards and the other is for standards and
drafts.
However, my understanding is that 802 generally only puts "mature" drafts
into that service - sponsor ballot and maybe working group ballot drafts.
This is because of concern that uninformed readers will not take into
account
the volitility of early drafts.

One possible resolution would be to put earlier drafts onto the IEEE 802
Standards + Drafts. I'm not sure how responsive the posting to that site is.
It would have to be pretty responsive (a few days) to get drafts up such
that readers can pull them down and submit comments in a timely fashion
for our review cycles.

Regards,
Pat