Re: XGMII electricals

    Hi Yong et all.

    i would like to draw your attention to the fact that HSTL 1.5V has been
adopted by OIF ( for SPI-4 ), CSIX, DDR/QDR SRAMs and probably some CPU vendors
!!

    While, the SSTL is only used in DDR-SDRAM interface, mainly due to the fact
the DDR-SDRAM comes in DIMMs and the I/Os need to support multiple loads.

    So, it is clear that for point to point solution, most standarization bodies
or consortiums has chosen HSTL 1.5V

    add this to the long list of HSTL advantages over SSTL like power etc ...  i
don't see the rationale for going with SSTL.
    I recommend going with HSTL at 1.5 volts per EIA/JESD8-6

    regards
        -nafea

--

             Nafea
                \\|//

     _/_/_/_/
   _/_/_/_/_/_/
 _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
 _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/_/_/_/            Nafea Bishara
_/_/_/              Director, Product definition
_/_/_/    _/_/_/_/  Galileo Technology Ltd.
_/_/_/      _/_/_/  Email     -  nafea@galileo.co.il
 _/_/_/     _/_/_/  Snail Mail-  D.N. Misgav 20184, Moshav Manof, ISRAEL.
 _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/   Tel       -  Manof + 972 4 9999555 ext. 0
   _/_/_/_/_/_/                  Haifa + 972 4 8225046 ext. 417
     _/_/_/_/                    Mobile+ 972 54 995417
                    FAX       -  + 972 4 8326420

 Check our Web site: http://www.galileoT.com