RE: 64b/66b Synchronization / state machines

David,

Removing the effect of hi_ber = true on the receive state machine was
my error in redrawing the state machines. That will be fixed by ORing
hi_ber = true with the other conditions that cause transition to the
RX_INIT state of the receive state machine.

On why the TX state machine is checking the type of the next code block
when receiving a T (which is I assume the three bit error checking to
which you refer), there were a number of changes to both state machines
to implement changes in error handling and to make the machines a bit
more rigorously defined. In doing that, I made them a bit too parallel.

Errors can certainly happen across a XAUI and the signal may have gone
through two XGXS sublayers and a XAUI before reaching the transmit
state machine so we need to deal with errors into the transmit machine.
However, checking that a T is followed by an S or C frame in the
receive state machine is enough protection. Therefore, the checks for
T_TYPE_NEXT in the transmit state machine will be removed.

Regards,
Pat