Re: RUNT Packets(Last Word)

Hi Pat,

I am not proposing anything and have little interests keeping this discussion
going. The whole thing was started with a EOP question for XGMII interface.

I am simply saying It's not a good idea for MAC for to discard a receiving
carrier event with good preamble and SFD without saying anything. If the
standard board doesn't think this is a standard issue and it's implementation
dependent. I have no problem with that. But, If "The MAC silently discards
packets that are shorter than the minimum", than who is telling RMON
to increase those counters. As far as I know, MAC is the only device checking
Preamble, SFD, FCS and frame byte counts.

Shimon was right, whatever in the standard now didn't prevent us from doing
the right thing. I don't think it will in the future.

Regards,

Louis