RE: RUNT Packets

Geoff,

Thank you for explaining a means of adding this additional troubleshooting
functionality to the 802.3 MAC.   I suspected that it would be "out of
scope" but still feasible from an implementation standpoint.  If "vendors"
do implement a "RUNT" or "SHORT FRAME" counter, would it be considered as
"non-compliant" or as "compliant" with an additional feature?  As with
another feature that has crept into the implementations of GbE, would
802.3WG then get involved, or would it leave that to IETF?

Thank you,
Roy  Bynum