Re: XBI LVDS length

In a message dated 11/22/00 12:19:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ss_shen@siliconbridge.com writes:

> Hi:
>
>  In clause 51, do we have the information about the max. allowed length for
> XBI 16 differential LVDS on TX, and RX?
>
>  Thanks
>  Have a great Thanksgiving
>
>  Steven Shen
>  Silicon Bridge

Hello Steven,

There is no specific number on the length for the interface. What is going to
referenced is the ANSI spec (very similar to the IEEE1596.3 LVDS spec) on
input and output signal levels. If one is using FR4 type material one can
certainly go 10"+ which should be very suited for many/most applications.

Justin Chang
Quake Technologies, Inc.
50 Airport Parkway, San Jose, CA. 95110
Tel: 408-437-7723       email: justin@quaketech.com