Re: I/F locations

Rich:

I didn't intend to imply that XSBI was required. It is an optional
interface for 10GBASE-LW4.

Rich, I believe some or us would like to build systems using XSBI
interfaces. It is inconvenient
that 10GBASE-LR4 is unsupported using XSBI.

Rich, the current SUPI implementation does not support LAN mode in the
UNIPHY, however this
could easily change by adding a periodic A1/A2 sequence to the 64b/66b data
stream. It would
only be necessary to add 8 A1 octets and 8 A2 octets. The current clause 53
operation can then
operate without modification. This would be nice since it makes the UniPHY
really unified around
the provided electrical interfaces.

Cheers,

Paul