D2.0 49.2.11.1.1 Constants E

Hi Pat,

I still think your definition of "E" is not accurate.

If I followed your definition of "E", just as I said last time,
if a packet I got from XGMII/XAUI is something like:
     ECCC/CCCC
     CCCC/SDDD ( or SDDD/DDDD)
     DDDD/DDDD
     TCCC/CCCC
will be transmitted like: E (Frame) -->E --> D ....-->T.
On the receiver side, this packet will be trashed.

But other packets like:
    CEEE/EEEE  (or CCCC/EEEE or CECC/EECC ...)
    EEEE/SDDD (or SDDD/DDDD or CEEE/SDDD ...)
    DDDD/DDDD
    TCCC/CCCC

will be transmitted like: C (Frame) -->S-->D...-->T.
On the receiver side, these packets will not be trashed.

That means this protocol is not consistent.

Thanks,

--Alex