Re: delay constraints from XGMII to XAUI

Bob,

Agreed.

Steven,

Just to carify, the MDI to XGMII delay includes the XAUI to XGMII delay.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"Grow, Bob" wrote:

> The only MAC requirement I can think of for bounding the lower layer delay
> is for buffer sizing for 802.3x flow control.  That has been the factor for
> keeping the delay tables in various clauses.
>
> --Bob Grow

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com